City of Medicine Academy
301 Crutchfield Street
Durham, NC 27704
You must apply online to be eligible for the lottery.
The City of Medicine Academy is designed for highly motivated Durham high school students who are ready to undertake serious academic work and career-related internships through a four-year health and life sciences curriculum.
Features of the magnet school include:
- Only stand-alone specialized high school for health and life sciences in North Carolina
- Designated as an anchor health and life sciences school for North Carolina by NC New Schools Project
- Offers 28 high school credits + professional certifications in health care or college transfer courses through the partnership with Durham Technical Community College
- Strong partnership with Duke Medicine that includes paid summer internships, clinical experiences, shadowing, mentoring, and co-teaching by health professional and CMA instructor on CMA's campus
- 1:1 technology environment
No lottery priorities