Middle College High School
1616 Cooper Street, Newton Bldg.
Durham, NC 27703
You must apply online as well as submit the required transcript and recommendations to the school to be eligible for the lottery.
Located on the campus of Durham Technical Community College, MCHS is a high school for 11th and 12th graders at which students take a mixed schedule of honors level high school classes, and college courses. The campus is located at Durham Technical Community College. Please note that this program only accepts 11th and 12th grade applicants.
Features of the magnet school include:
- All college classes and the use of required materials are free
- Students can earn a year or more of university transfer credit
- Advanced students may acquire an Associate Degree as they graduate from high school.
- Students may earn an industry certification credential.
- High school classes begin at 11:00AM
- Flexible college course scheduling (college classes meet twice per week)
- Expectation of a high degree of individual responsibility
Minimum Requirements for admission to MCHS:
- Candidate must be at least a junior (in terms of high school credit).
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA (unweighted) at time of application.
- Candidate must be on schedule to graduate on time.
- Candidate must have completed the following courses: Health/PE; World History; English 1; English 2; Alg. 1 and Geometry; OR Common Core Maths 1 and 2
- HOMESCHOOLERS ONLY: