How to Submit Applications
1. Choose programs of interest (Magnet Schools and/or CTE Pathways).
2. Review the program features, bell schedule, lottery priorities, and transportation services. Please note that some programs have regions of eligibility and grade level restrictions.
3. Visit the schools of interest.
4. Complete the online application between Jan. 8, 12:00 a.m. and Feb. 2, 5:00 p.m.
5. If offered a seat, accept or decline the seat online by March 16 at 11:59 p.m.
Annual Lottery Timeline for Magnet Schools and CTE Pathway Clusters - 2018-2019
- Application Period – Monday, January 8, 2018, 12 a.m. – Friday February 2, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants must have an e-mail address to submit an online application at www.dpsnc.net .
- The application process for JDC Early College and Middle College High School at Durham Tech requires two steps. Applicants must submit the online application at www.dpsnc.net and submit the hardcopy references and student transcripts to the school.
If you need assistance submitting the online application
- DPS Staff Development Center – 2107 Hillandale Rd., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- DPS Staff Development Center – 2107 Hillandale Rd., Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 9 a.m.-1p.m.
- DPS Magnet Schools –23 school sites during open house events
- Smart Phone Application at www.dpsnc.net.
- Lottery notification results will be posted Wednesday, March 1, 2018. You may obtain your results by logging back into your account and opening the Dashboard.
- Applicants who are selected through the lottery process must accept or decline their lottery seat on the Dashboard by Friday, March 16th, 11:59 p.m. (No exceptions).