How to Submit Applications
1. Choose programs of interest (Magnet Schools and/or CTE Pathways).
2. Review the program features, bell schedule, lottery priorities, and transportation services. Please note that some programs have regions of eligibility and grade level restrictions.
3. Visit the schools of interest.
4. Complete the online application between Jan. 7th, 12:00 a.m. and Jan. 31st, 5:00 p.m.
5. If offered a seat, accept or decline the seat online by March 22nd, 5 p.m. deadline.
Annual Lottery Timeline for Magnet Schools and CTE Pathway Clusters - 2019-2020
- Application Period – January 7th, 2019, 12 a.m. – January 31st, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants must have an e-mail address to submit an online application at www.dpsncapplication.com
- The application process for JDC Early College and Middle College High School at Durham Tech requires two steps. Applicants must submit the online application, and submit the hardcopy references and student transcripts to the school.
If you need assistance submitting the online application
- DPS Staff Development Center – 2107 Hillandale Rd., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- DPS Staff Development Center – 2107 Hillandale Rd., Saturday, January 21st, 9 a.m.-1p.m.
- DPS Magnet Schools –23 school sites during open house events
- Apply by Smartphone or IPAD device at www.dpsncapplication.com
- Lottery results will be posted Friday, March 1st on the parent Dashboard. You may obtain your results by logging back into your account at www.dpsncapplication.com and opening your Dashboard.
- Applicants who are assigned through the lottery process must accept or decline their lottery seat on the Dashboard by Friday, March 22nd, 5 p.m. (No exceptions to deadlines).